Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #653 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I dunno man, I think your unfairly generalizing people. It's pretty evident Aesop Rock puts in work, one of his verses alone has more content even on the surface then plenty mixtapes.

I don't know why Aesop is deserving of being judged only on his own work and not every artist.

I honestly can only go back and listen to float and bazooka tooth. I like how when listening to him i feel as if he's letting out ten tons of stored up anxiety and frustration. I guess what im trying to say is his wordplay is more similar to how my thought process, its all scattered and not everything fits together, but it is connected and...
Labor Days is best, how can you not listen to Battery or what not?

Quote:
**** it i'll figure out how to summarize it later. Not everything he says seems to have an interpret ion, and he opts for just straight up imagery, which im fine with, they're no rules.

His delivery and wordplay are extremely original, but his actual outlook and viewpoints are sometimes cliche and traditional "backpacker" (not that im dumping him in that), and seem to be aimed at a target audience, primarily teenagers. I am basing most of this off bazooka tooth, since it was what got the most plays, but i have listened to all his albums extensively.
I didn't hear about Aesop until I was in my 20s and I don't know any teenagers, but my viewpoint is that teenagers aren't smart enough to listen to Aesop; they're mostly Eminem, Lil Wayne jockies.

I don't see any difference between Bazooka Tooth and any of his other work, really, as far as artistic style. I love We're Famous... I don't think teens can relate to that.

Quote:
I think what a lot of people, myself included, look for lyrics that reflect stuff in their lives. Aesop rock does this, but you really gotta listen to it over and over before any of it clicks. I think he writes pretty good hooks though, and his production has gotten excellent as well, so i don't know why people still have this barrier.

Also, downloading all balls don't bounce, i dont know if this rapper has enough swag for me to like him tho

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote