Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #79 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I've only listened to Strawberry Jam and this album out of the Collective's discography, and i love how cohesive the tracks and sound is throughout the album. However, much of it didn't contain the madness/intensity that Strawberry Jam did, and the not all the track's stood out to me or had their own identity like Strawberry Jam. My Girls is extremely catchy and pleasant, though, and there are a couple of songs that have that strangeness i loved from Strawberry Jam, particularly No More Running. I'll listen to it more, but i gave it a Very Good intentionally because it still is really great and mellow to listen to, but it doesn't get me thinking or curling into a ball like its predecessor did, which i may give an Excellent had i the lack of laziness to find the thread and do it. It's not new anymore anyway so i doubt it even matters.

And a couple of posts above remind me that i should listen to Beach Boys. Yippee!
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote