Music Banter - View Single Post - Rigoni/Schoenhertz "Victor"
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baggs
Account Disabled

Jacksie Danny:

The biggest Canadian dealer in prog/psych VINYL for the past two decades is Iranian and is known to those that matter as The Golem. Some 15 years ago someone was giving Baggs the lip in front of The Golem's stall at the Toronto record show and The Golem stood up for Baggs informing the windbag that, " Walter here has more knowledge of prog in the last joint of his little finger than you have in all your combined body parts."
"When you come back with rare Reggae or Electronica or Folk or Jazz or Post Punk or Avant Garde albums then I will listen to you. "

Feck reggae and all your metal/postpunk.

Still Baggs do possess rare Berlin-school electronics, UK folk and avant garde lps.
But Im not gonna brag here . And I have no least intention of posting my collection and thus spoonfeeding sponges in one single go some good taste.

Anyways, since when is mere possession of rarities equivalent to the hard knocks school of an education?

Baggmaster looked through ONLY the first 10 pages of your posted collection. Some 250 entries.
Im not out to make an enemy here, but at the same time Im not about to lie -

what Im seeing here frankly is 50% artists I have no awareness of (and I dont want awareness of either, since Im pretty sure they belong to genres I abhor).
Im seeing a lot of common fodder like ACDC and ...

In the "A" section , only a mere handful of good things; Amon Duul, Ashra,BJHarvest,Daevid Allen.

(Baggs almost flipped when Baggs saw "Anacruza". Baggs thought "Now thats strange, this bloke actually knows of the Chilean 70's folkprog band?" But then I make out the band is something like Anacrucis and described as being thrash...or summat equally ludicrous.)

As to your being an elitist,you'd do better to re-evaluate your self.
The word does more than imply "a choice part of".

AcDC and Aerosmith are not a choice part of anything...really.