Music Banter - View Single Post - Rigoni/Schoenhertz "Victor"
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggs View Post
Baggs is certain Baggs garners the respect of them that matter.

Not sure however if any matter here on this specific forum.

Thats the trouble with the internet - you dont know who you are addressing.

Could be adults, could be junior keeners.
On the internet, it doesn't matter whether you're addressing adults or "junior keeners"... Either one has the capacity to contribute something worthwhile, or completely ridiculous. If you focus less on who you're addressing, and more on what you're putting out there, I think you'll do a lot better. Regardless of who ends up respecting it or not.

The fact is, at this forum, I know the majority of people here respond better to content that isn't aimed at insulting their intelligence or tastes. You can place yourself as high as you want, but in reality, you won't be looking down on very many people here. This forum is comprised of some of the most intelligent and open-minded people I've ever come across, and I'm only 30. You can choose to view this as either a testament to my personal characteristics, or the characteristics of the community as a whole. Either is fine. But you do lose something pretty vital when you choose to see yourself above all. I won't insult your position by specifying what that is, because I'm sure you already know.
And no, it's not respect.