Music Banter - View Single Post - The Concept of Pride
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I think it's necessary to feel some for yourself, or I imagine you'd be feeling like a very depressed and worthless individual, particularly in a competitive world like we live in.
Oh yes. I had no pride in myself whatsoever, and I felt horrible for a good couple years. I had no care about school or doing much of anything. Eventually I came around, and now I feel fantastic. I'm gonna be an amazing designer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Racial pride, national pride, and pride in a sports team (and anything like that) doesn't really make much sense to me though since your basically taking credit for what others accomplished just because you happened upon them by random chance.
Racial pride I don't understand. But being proud of your culture I completely understand. And as I said in the other thread, I don't see how you couldn't be proud about how we became a country and how we got here. It's not that I'm taking credit at all. I admire the people (founding fathers) who made it so that we are where we are today. And I am proud of them. And I am proud that we fought against oppression and won. Am I proud of McDonald's and Wal-Mart, our obesity rate and how fucked our education system is? No. So when I say I'm proud to be from here, I'm more referring to that than the current state of things. Now don't think that I have a U.S. flag hanging from my car, and automatically assume that every other country is inferior to us. That's not it at all. I enjoy culture as a whole, so I admire most all countries.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote