Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zer0

Some upcoming releases I'm very much looking forward to.

Airiel - yet to be titled EP
Release Date: ????

Their first release in 4 years will soon be with us at the start of the summer. Whether this album is a precursor to a new album later in the year remains to be seen but it's great to have something from them. The only preview of what is to come is this tantilisingly short snippet:

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Release Date: 3rd May

Yeah I know it's leaked but I'm going to wait until the official release date so I can pop on down to my local music store and get it on CD, then bring it home and listen to it for the first time. It's one of those important releases that you really have to do traditionally. The first single released from it is fantastic and has me really excited for this album.

My Morning Jacket - Circuital
Release Date: 31st May

The follow-up to 2008's mixed-bag Evil Urges. Judging by the amazing title track that they made available for free on their website, this album could be a return to the epicness of Z and It Still Moves. Really looking forward to this one.

The Antlers - Burst Apart
Release Date: 10th May

The follow-up to 2009's heartbreaking and beautiful Hospice. The album cover for this album is one of the best I've seen in a long time, hopefully the music will live up to it *fingers crossed*. Here's a very interesting sneak preview:

Last edited by Zer0; 04-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote