Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #906 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post
This OT loss has sent me into a deep dark depression...we outplayed shitcago tenfold from the time Cory had to leave the game. Unfortunately, hockey is a game of inches and they managed to put one in before we did. It was a game where the refs let a lot go and I like that, but where were some of the calls in OT...Bieksa got a clean shot to his head behind the net, and no call. And there was a clear too many men as well...went without call. You've gotta draw the line somewhere and Chicago certainly had the benefit of the refs throughout the game.
I'll admit we got some significant breaks in OT, but I'm not willing to concede that the refs were in our favor for the entire game. And besides, you of all people should know that the refs put their whistles away during playoff OT. All the credit for that last goal should go to Hoss, who dangled around 2 Nucks D-men and managed to create time and space for an open Hjalmarsson.

Oh, and don't forget about Frolik's goal AKA how to completely tear the **** out of an NHL goalie's groin;

anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote