Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #94 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote to death...Okay, I'm gonna Laugh at your ignorance to death again.

Quote:
Ah yes, you're still in high school, and you're not old enough to drink yet, not old enough to pay taxes, and not old enough to vote. Lets hold on to those facts shall we?
Ever heard of a job? You seem to say your family is not well off (the homeless shelter) yet you don't have a job yet. I got a job when I was 16. Now I am a Senior. 18 years of age turning 19 in September. How old do you have to be to vote? 18. How old to pay taxes? 16 (or whenever you get a job). Where does drinking come in? And I am old enough to drink, just not legally.

Quote:
I seriously doubt that.
Wake up from your sheltered world of your computer. Some of us get out and do things. I have worked at CHKD and volunteered at schools around my area (portsmouth, newport news, etc) as part of a senior project we had to do. You don't know me, don't pretend you know what I do.

Quote:
Did you know that there have been fraud investigations on companies that advertise statistics? This is because over 50% of all statistics and percentages are made up on the spot, because they have a psychological effect that door to door salesment have been using to win people over for years and years.
So you have proof that this isn't true. Or you are just going with the "it might be a lie" factor. Good proof again dip****.

Quote:
America was founded because our ancestors were greedy, money hungry, arrogant snobs. They'd taken the land by force, and now they wanted to call it their own. Doesn't look like much has changed after all these years.
America was founded by immigrants wanting freedom from persecution primarily on religion. They came to the US, started getting taxed to death after the French and Indian War (thats a war between England and the French primarily, figured I'd tell you since you don't seem to have your US history down). The immigrants didn't think it was their right to have the majority of taxes put on them so they revolted against the government. Other countries helped US out, and US won. To call them arrogant snobs shows that you have no education. Are you trying to act like such an idiot to prove your point we need more educational funding?

Quote:
Because if they can't even move to an area where their kids can get a public education, then they are hardly in a position to take out a loan.
What areas aren't covered by public schools? Everywhere, even Alaska. And nobody cares about Alaska.

Quote:
No, I'll tell you what "people want". People want to keep a roof over their head, they want to feed themselves and their children, they want their family to live in a healthy environment, they want to be able to LIVE a life that is more than just scraping a living so that they can support themselves.
Why don't they get a job, two jobs, or even three. There are always ways to make money, but they aren't going to walk up to your door and ask you to take them. People, even without high school education, are making millions in the United States. Once again, it's all about drive. Some people have it, others don't.

Quote:
Yes. Poor people can only pay so much in taxes, then there is a breaking point where they will only get poorer and poorer. Taxes do not need to be increased to fund research projects, America just needs to stop pillaging middle-eastern countries.
Funny. You say poor people don't pay much taxes, yet a majority of tax money goes to poor people instead of the rich. Our government acts like Robin Hood in a way. Pillaging middle eastern countries? Yeah, we are already up to two. What a great pillage. Ever thought George Bush thought of these countries as a threat? And was Bush the one that voted to go to war? No, I think it was Senate and the House of Reps. That's right. If you have ever taken history (which I doubt you have) you would know that the President can only move troops for 60 days. Before then the Senate must vote to go to war, which they did. Hmmmmm.....

Quote:
No it allows mothers to stay at home and raise their children.
If you aren't in good financial state, why wouldn't you want to go out and get a job? You would want to have money to be able to have the best resources for your kid. O wait, maybe you are just a lazy piece of ****.

Quote:
Then you probably don't get out much, or don't talk to many adults. People complain about governors all the time. Complaining about presidential administrations is not the be all and end all.
I don't get out much, yet you complain about no one ever being on these boards? Right....I am talking about putting all the blame of the war on Bush. All the blame of the economy on Bush. It takes about 3-4 years to have your effect on our economy. If you knew how the economy worked, you would understand that a tax cut will not help and economy right away. Things take time.

Quote:
LOL I love this statement. "Get a babysitter if you must." LOL, well what the **** else will you do eh? Just leave the kid at home to fend for itself?
Some people have grandparents (the parents of your parents to put it on your intellgience scale). The grandparents can look after the kid, therefore no need for a babysitter. Vualah.

Quote:
You either pay taxes or you don't. I hope that when the day comes, I won't be so poor that my tax is in minus figures.
This one made no sense. Some people don't pay much in taxes. My first job I had to pay taxes when I first started getting the job. My revenue tax (the tax I pay based on what I get paid) was around 40 or so dollars since I had been working for about 2-3 weeks. That's what I call "not much"

Quote:
Oh yeah, you're guessing that are you? It doesn't even make sense! "the total is combined to normal military spending". No it's not dumbass, the total IS the normal military spending. The clue is in the name "Cost of war" dip****.
Hey idiot. I'll spell this out for you. American government spends (im gonna make a figure for us to have fun) 10 billion dollars a year on bombs. Now that we are using those bombs, it is probably adding that "10 billion" WHICH WE WOULD HAVE SPENT ANYWAY as a cost of war. Get it yet? Probably not, I'll add something new. The US would spend (guesstimate again) 1 billion on gas and rations men on ship. Because the ships are now in the Middle east (instead of routine voyages to mediterranean etc) they are probably adding the cost of the gas and rations onto a cost of the war. This makes the number decieving. I hope I brought that down to your level.

Quote:
You have a very prejudiced opinion on this, probably based on your experiences with just one or two people.
Or maybe because I lived in Richmond for the first 12 years of my life? But I probably only saw about two people during that span.

Quote:
May I remind you that YOU are also not old enough to vote, since you are still in HIGH SCHOOL.
Man, you really seem to be caught on the fact I can't vote. O wait, I can. Hmmm again....

Quote:
but I gaurantee you that nobody in their right minds votes because they "know a lot about someone".
And then you wonder how a President that you consider so "horrible" like Pres. Bush gets into office. Maybe more people should do some research.

Quote:
No you can't. Don't lie. You don't have the brain capacity to "understand".
Wait, aren't you the idiot that thinks high schoolers can't vote?

Ripped my post apart? Doubtful, especially when he makes himself seem like an idiot because his main argument is "you can't even vote stupid" when i can.