Music Banter - View Single Post - Nu Metal
Thread: Nu Metal
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #123 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
My opinion of Disturbed is largely based on the first two albums (only two which I`ve heard) and I thought were pretty dire, especially the singing! If they went through some drastic improvement for the later albums, like Avenged Sevenfold did, I might like them a bit more.
There isn't much singing to be had with album 1, but I'm surprised you didn't like the singing in album 2. David's crooning on the song "Awaken" is probably my favorite in the Disturbed discography (and maybe my favorite song by them period). In recent albums David has turned to much more conventional singing, and he is very good at it (see "The Night"). The rhythmic singing makes fewer and fewer appearances album to album, but Dave's trademark enunciation remains. Guitar solos and general improvement from the rest of the band are the only instrumental changes. The band has showed maturation as well (much like A7X). The lyrics in album 4 and 5 leave much to be desired, however. If you didn't like the 2nd album (assuming you've heard more than "Liberate") than you probably don't like Disturbed. I was just curious on your reasoning since you have an opinion I actually respect.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote