Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion : New "Secret" Members Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I am a more private person and it's also something I think moderators in particular should consider. To show that it may be a valid concern, I will post a recent example from MB which illustrates yet another reason to those already mentioned why it may be a good idea .. And since I'll mention some names, I hope those mentioned will forgive me!

Boo Boo was banned from here and his tempban was turned into a permban by Jans. Tumor posted a private chat between her and Boo where Boo mentioned (jokingly) that he would like to put a picture of Jans' wife on stormfront's pages as revenge for the permban he recieved. I don't believe Boo would, but because Janz's picture was in a publicly accessible forum, he easily could have. Had the picture been posted in a secret forum, Boo wouldn't be able to get that information without help from someone with access.

Because moderators discipline users and may ban several during a regular day, I figure they are the ones most likely to have personal information or pictures used against them. Put blunt, the internet is full of resourceful *******s and having a secret forum would help protect against those (mentally add this to the reasons mentioned in my first post)

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'm not sure I agree with the suggestion. I don't see it differing much at all from the Lounge, and users should really be wise enough to use their own discretion when it comes to matters of responsibility. It's not up to the site to keep their privacy in their posts.
I think you may view this from the wrong angle .. The goal is not for MB to take responsibility for anyone's sensitive information, but to provide an environment where people (like me) can feel more comfortable with sharing personal information. I believe sharing such information is something that can strengthen the community feel of the site and hence would be a good thing.