Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #935 (permalink)
Chumley
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Those are exactly my picks. I think Caps in 7 however.
Tampa is playing well. It wouldn't surprise me if it did go 7. I think it's the Cap's year this year. The team changed it's whole philosphy this year to a more of defensive scheme though they struggled adapting to it through most of the first half of season, the last half, basically since the Winter Classic they have been one of the best teams in the second half. Thier defensive scheme is more condusive to win in playoff hockey IMO. Also OV has become less selfish and is playing more of a team game. He think he learned alot over the last two playoffs as has his team. I think the Caps will go to the finals.

Once again, it comes down to the Flyers goaltending. Can Boucher, Leighton and Brobroski get the job done(?). Probably the biggest factor in this series is will Pronger be completely healthy to a regular shift? The Bruins powerplay is brutal. No PP goals vs. the Canadiens. I can't see the Bruins coming close in this series if thier PP doesn't pick up big time. Kaberle has been absolutely useless. Burke got the Bruins back on that trade.

San Jose goaltending is in question. Niemi and Nittimaki(sp)? Niemi struggled in the first round. I think the Sharks big guns will out shot the Wings gunners.

Being a Canucks fan...well, there going to win it all.
Chumley is offline   Reply With Quote