Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #2174 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I disagree with that. It's not even that people are too stupid to enjoy classical music. Classical music appeals to niche fans while pop music appeals to a wider audience
Yes, but that's due to the subtleties of classical music. It is definitely worlds more advanced, it's just difficult to expose a "I WANT IT... NOW!!!" society to sit down, and actually catch them. There's merits in both, but there certainly is an advantage for an ear to groom itself to enjoy more intricate music. Music is like literature, Hustler is fun, but it's nice to indulge in a a good lengthy novel every once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
The obvious difference between her and others is she does write her own music. She does perform on piano, which other pop acts in general usually leave to the professionals. Not here to defend her path in life, but isn't everyone seemingly in it for the money? Kathleen Battle isn't in it for the money? You bet she is.
I had to wiki to see who that even was. I doubt that she's making as much money as Lady Gaga, or watering herself down as much. As for the piano playing, it's tacked on, and feels entirely like a gimmick. The music itself is obviously not structurally dependent on it, making it superfluous. It's no different than the costumes.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote