Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #2177 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGPercussion View Post
In nowhere did I say that pop music has the BEST singers, nor the best dances, nor the best grooves. I'm more specifically talking about MJ era stuff. While not a pop expert either, I've heard some pretty catchy stuff I like in the pop genre.

I know opera takes a lot more talent to sing than Lady Gaga's music, but nowhere once did I mention she could sing better than opera singers. I said she could sing, and she can.
You're missing out on my point, entirely.

My point is that she's going up against weak competition with a watered down sound. There is NOTHING particularly impressive musically about what Gaga is doing. She puts on an amazing show, hires the best in production, video, and advertising. She is a genius business woman, cut throat even. However, being the best at an extremely watered down musical landscape doesn't prove a whole lot.

Besides, it was a joke anyway.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote