Music Banter - View Single Post - America going broke, I say flat tax
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I actually emailed my professor weeks ago, and just moments ago emailed my entire Sociology class about something we read in one of our books about taxes. It was a graph showing that from 1970 basically everyone's taxes have increased at the same rate with the exception of the rich. They've definitely gotten the most tax break... Which seems unfair and retarded to me since they are making the most money. If I can locate that graph I'll post it, I remember being pretty shocked by it.

With welfare... Here's the thing. Welfare gets abused a lot and I do think it should be monitored way more closely. The majority of people don't abuse it and legit need it to survive. THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH WELFARE is that it doesn't give most people much of an incentive to strive to better themselves.

Let's take an example... A woman with three kids gets government assistance. She has a low paying job and hardly any education. She is a single mother who doesn't get child support check regularly (another huge issue which needs fixed). She works hard over the years and gets a small raise. YAY! Well not really, because if that raise puts her over a certain amount of income, she loses government assistance. So they counter each other out. She either has the same amount, or even less money from working hard for a raise because the government assistance got dropped.

So what's the incentive to be socially mobile?? Make more money so you can lose welfare assistance. Does anyone else see the problem here?

Also s_k I don't know you personally obviously. But I really can't bring myself to see how you couldn't hold a job. You sit around all day and collect a government check without any apparent desire to hold a job. It sounds to me like your own laziness or something is preventing you from working. It's hard for me to believe you couldn't be a janitor or do some kind of low end job. Maybe deep down you just don't want to do a low end job so you sit around all day and collect your government aid. And I know you'll say "you don't quite understand how i function " but I'm just callin it like I see it. You aren't retarded.

I think too many people get too many government benefits for retarded reasons.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote