Music Banter - View Single Post - America going broke, I say flat tax
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Let's put it this way; I was even told to **** off at places where I worked voluntarily.
They (reïntegration) have officially told me it's impossible to get me a job.

I'm not so sure about that, so I'm keeping my eyes open for opportunities all the time.
But it's completely useless to do this the regular way. There's millions of people in this country and most of them are a lot easier to handle as an employee.

My last job was at an institution for mentally disabled people. E.g. down syndrome and such. I was (literally!) told that I provided them with more problems than the down syndrome people. I don't really see why myself, but that's usually exactly the point. People somehow don't know how to handle me. I don't see what I do wrong, they don't even see what I do wrong, they just want to get rid of me.

Eitherway, things like that are killing me. And I'm not going to go trough nerve-wrecking job interviews that cost me months of my life, these things really destroy me, only to find out after a couple of months that they don't want me to work there anymore. It's just not worth it. At this point in time I work all day long for my friends, forum etc. I don't think I'm abusing the money I get in any way. I do think though that a lot more effort should be put by the government in getting people like me to work. It should be possible, but in the current dutch climate there really isn't space for people who are even the slightest bit different.

But as I said, I keep my eyes open. I know some people with companies who know about my situation, I drink coffee in my local record store regularly, just waiting for one of them to offer me a job (I don't care if I get paid, I just like to do something 'real').

Eitherway. I hope you understand a bit more now.
But, Dirty. Whatever you do, never ever call me lazy again.
Because that's just bull**** coming from someone who hasn't got the slightest idea what he's on about. Not getting paid for a job doesn't mean not doing anything.

I don't mind explaining a bit, but you probably shouldn't jump to conclusions BEFORE you let me explain.

P.s.: Would you like to trade your job for being a full-time autist? I would, regardless of what your job is.