Music Banter - View Single Post - 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herocon View Post
21st Century Breakdown is a breakthrough. Green Day is taking on a new sound, and not everyone is happy about it. Some long-term fans yearn for the old-school punk that we all know and love. The fact is, Green Day has matured. They are no longer the pothead slackers from the 90s. They seem to really have put an effort into this album, even if it does sound more poppy then usual. Each song is unique, from slow, calm songs like 21 Guns or Last Night on Earth, to hard, pissed-off songs like East Jesus Nowhere, or Horeshoes and Handgrenades.

I admit, some songs can be boring. "21st Century Breakdown" and "¡Viva la Gloria!" are good examples.

Perfect, no. Superb, yes. 4/5
Green Day matured from the album before this one but I feel like this album was a step back. Not like it was a return to their earlier work but it just wasn't as top notch as American Idiot.

It let me down to be honest I voted 3/5 but I really should have voted 2/5.

21 guns is boring and annoys the crap out of me. I hate that it was the song that got super popular and had loads of airplay and plastered all over commercials and movies.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote