Music Banter - View Single Post - Kate and William, Together, Forever.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #170 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
And to everybody dissing the royal family - perhaps you don't realise how much money, time and organisation they put into charity (which is basically their main cause since the public complained about them living off taxes a long time ago). 100% of the royal wedding gifts, which are all to be money, are going to be donated to charity. 1900 posh guests equals A LOT of money to charity. And now that Kate is part of the family there is no doubt she'll start doing her charity rounds as Diana did. It's not like they just sit there and do nothing for the world. (Then) Prince William came over to Australia when we were suffering from fatal floods and spent time with kids in a primary school and did so much for their lives, which were pretty much destroyed by the floods. It was really nice and a moment of happiness/hope for those Australians. Prince Harry also worked here during his gap year as a jackaroo and did lots for the rural community. So it's not like they're TOTALLY useless.

Also, for those of us in the Commonwealth realms it's kinda history in the making, which is why people are so interested in the event. William will most likely become our King at some point so it's just interesting to follow the story. I'm not some royal wedding obsessive and in fact got quite sick of hearing about it over the past couple of weeks, but I'm just trying to articulate to those who don't understand why people are so interested in the whole thing.
Why don't they use the tax money for the people in the country they are living in instead of giving it away to charities? You seem to have more information about this than I do but based off of what you just said it doesn't seem like they are using the tax payers money to help out the tax payers. They are using that money to help everyone else around the world and to fund grand weddings.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote