Music Banter - View Single Post - Death In June
Thread: Death In June
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

I actually think the Nazi thing is interesting. Nazi imagery, and themes is not really uncommon in music

I mean, Sex Pistols, Boyd Rice, Residents, Slayer, Even freaking Lady Gaga. In fact, I've read places that say Michael Jackson's uniforms and dance were somewhat inspired by documentary's on the Third Reich. Essentially, it's something that was done extremely heavily among the punk circles in the 70s, and now you even see shades of it in top 40s music.

From that, I'm almost wondering if perhaps people take the imagery in art, and music a little too seriously. For me, I kind of understand the Boyd Rice approach of going full boar with it, but not really meaning it. It in itself is almost a protest of how seriously people take music, moreso than a pro-fascist statement itself.

I mean, honestly, why be ambiguous when you could make money like Screwdriver by being just out in the open?

Regardless, the music itself is ok. Nothing too spectacular. Like the strange percussion on the first song. A bit repetitive, really. Still, interesting.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote