Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands with the strongest discographies
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
You know, New Adventures to me seems a little underrated. All this talk about Murmur and Automatic, New Adventures needs some love! What did you think of Reveal and Up?

Pearl Jam has a pretty damn strong discography as well.
Up and Reveal are okay. They're not bad albums, considering they were still figuring themselves out after Bill Berry left. Considering the fact that Up was the first album they made after his departure, it must have been a difficult one for them to record. Up was okay, it's not one of my favourites by them though. Reveal was a little better - I think they had sort of reorganized themselves as a band by then. Around the Sun (2004) was panned by critics, and I have to agree. It's not my favourite album from them by any stretch. It had to be their lowest point musically speaking. Accelerate (2008) was a big improvement, I quite liked it. It was an attempt by them to recover from the disaster that was Around the Sun and I think they did a good job. I have yet to listen to their newest one, Collapse Into Now entirely, but the couple of songs I have heard from it are pretty good. I think a few years down the road, those two albums will become an integral part of their already strong discography.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote