Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I'm willing to reevaluate my opinion if you're willing to kindly explain yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
How so? I completely agree with Pedestrian. I feel nothing. There is nothing to celebrate. My facebook wall would lead you to believe that the most perverse, brilliant criminal mastermind in the world has just been defeated and the world will be free from terrorism for decades come. It's nuts.
Well I'm not entirely sure how either of you feel nothing? Either you aren't Americans (certainly not New Yorkers) or you weren't conscious for 9/11. If you were 5, I'm sure this doesn't matter that much, but I was in college then, I remember the day everything shut down, the hours and days after where everyone kept asking "when's the next hit coming?" For the weeks of Anthrax attacks and the countless attempts to pull off more attacks.

For all the people this guy killed, senselessly and without any reason other than they were American. Because the U.S. had a base in Saudi Arabia, because he thought God told him to do it. If you don't feel anything, I think you need to search yourself for what matters to you. You both mentioned that "well the war won't end tomorrow." Yeah, that's true. But frankly, this is a reminder of why the war started in the first place.

History blurs, but don't forget we didn't ask for this war. He invited it on us, and frankly today stands as a testament to justice. I just can't understand how anyone looks at this and goes "so what?" The guy is responsible for horrible **** for nothing close to a good reason. Its just mind-boggling.

Last edited by TheBig3; 05-01-2011 at 09:56 PM.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote