Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

I agree that a lot of the behaviour in the USA betrays the idea of secularism. In parts of the USA secularism is completely thrown away is it was in the 50s. The USA is probably one of the best countries ever at ignoring their own constitution.

And when we're talking about this whole war in the middle east topic, the President saying "God bless america" is totally redundant. (edit: isn't this Obama guy supposed to be a constitutional lawyer? Shouldn't he know better? Or does he really care?) In my view should this be a holy war? Yes. But not between christianity and islam, but between the secularist western world and a world that's being dictated by tyrants who use religion to consolidate their power.
I basically agree with Christopher Hitchens when if comes to this war.

Anyway about this Osama guy. I realize it's been a long time coming, but now that its over, what difference does it really make? Because to be honest, I don't see this as being much more than valuable symbolically. And yes the right wings are going to want to see certification and proof ect. and when they get it they'll probably even say it's photoshopped or something. But just like Obama's birth certificate, it's really not going to matter, and it's just going to be an excuse to ignore the real issues.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote