Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #160 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
First of all, it was more than saying "god bless america". It was a string of several Christian comments that the leader of my allegedly secular nation made at the end of his speech. I spent eight years dealing with a warmongering, fundamentalist Christian ass in the white house and voted for Obama because I wanted an alternative to that. When I see him behaving in exactly the same way as Bush it is, most definitely, a case of shitting in my face. And, honestly, do you really think that it makes any sense to end a speech which contained declarations of "we are not at war with Islam" with a bunch of Christian-themed platitudes? Sounds like a good way to undermine one's own speech to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I've explained to you why his comments were specifically Christian. Sorry if you think that's "immature".
I could only find one post, where you actually attempted to explain anything. You started by saying there were "a string of several Christian comments". You've never said what those comments were. I think you had a flashback of Bush, maybe from PTSD and possibly decided your vote for the 2012 election off of this one little speech.
captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote