Music Banter - View Single Post - Paul McCartney - The REAL King of Pop?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGPercussion View Post
Eh. McCartney wrote some great songs (I love the Temporary Secretary and Coming Up! :P), but Michael for sure is the king of pop. He is the ultimate performer, dancer, and a very talented singer, writer, and musician. The amount of brilliant songs to his credit cannot be ignored.
He might have been a better dancer, performer is probably a matter of opinion. Singer? McCartney has sung in all kinds of styles. On a couple of albums I think McCartney played all the instruments himself so probably better as a musician. And as a writer he has wrote great songs over 5 decades. He was best in the 60s and 70s but what he wrote over that period alone would easily beat Michael Jackson I think.

Michael Jackson did some very good songs but not really that many in comparison. Much of his persona was about creating an image, Neverland being like his Graceland for example. I think he is more comparable to Elvis in a way.

And Michael Jackson admired The Beatles songs so much he actually owned the copyright in them for a while.

Last edited by starrynight; 05-02-2011 at 12:18 AM.
starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote