Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #8246 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You know how the hell welfare and slavery is even related?

I will give you the basic gist of what the **** happens in welfare since you don't seem to know much about it.

You go through some troubling times and lose your job. You are on the brink of being homeless so you go to the DSS office to apply for assistance.

They help you find a new apartment which they pay for, they pay your utilize, you also qualify for food stamps. Then they shove you into this program called WEP. WEP is work that you have to do in order to keep your benefits. They send you to some random job to do work for some company that has no intentions of having you when they can get you to work for 1 dollar a day. You HAVE to do this job or else you will lose all of your benefits. When you get your foodstamps, they give you 30 bucks in cash along with your food stamps and you get stuck in a cycle where you have to show up for this stupid WEP work and doing this slave labor is counter productive to your actual job search.
That sounds almost unbearable.

People having to work for a place to live and something to eat is unjust. Someone should really do somehting about that.

Sounds a lot like having a damn job if you ask me.

So by your logic, abolishing modern day "slavery" means stopping the welfare program...

Seems like an easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote