Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #287 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED.

I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.

Also, no one in the thread has mentioned the unarmed woman, perhaps Bin Laden's wife, whom U.S. forces killed while she was being used as, or was using herself as, a human shield. The U.S. killed this woman as collateral damage.

Perhaps a life doesn't matter? Perhaps it is okay to achieve goals by killing innocent people?

That's what Osama believed, right? And apparently Obama believes this, too, for he proclaimed "justice has been done" now that the U.S. has killed "a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women and children." Obama To 9/11 Victims: 'Justice Has Been Done' - Osama bin Laden News Story - WCYB Tri Cities

I never think justice is done when someone is killed, no matter how heinous that person's crime, and certainly not when an unarmed woman is killed. Killing Osama Bin Laden and the unarmed, unnamed woman who was there with him is just another atrocity in a long line of atrocities. There is no reason to rejoice, I feel.
Thoughts like this just make me shake my head. American forces finally find and take down a mastermind behind the worst attack in U.S. history and you're disgusted by it. I just find that unbelievable. Justice has been served and the world is a better place without this shithead breathing.

Did you not want us to find him? He's incredibly dangerous, you can't just walk up to him like some random criminal and slap the cuffs on him and call it a day. The guy has shown time and time again his pure hatred for this country and everyone who was trying to find him was at risk to be killed or injured. Killing him was the only reasonable option. Yeah, this might have taken longer than people have hoped but I'd much rather have got him 10 years down the line than never at all.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote