Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #288 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
The day the Western world and the Muslim world reconcile their differences, and start moving forward to a brighter future, together, as parts of a unified whole, then I will celebrate, as that will be a victory worth shouting about.
The only "unified whole" that some islamist will settle for is a worldwide caliphate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I did feel something today: dismay.

I'm disturbed by the scenes of the bloodthirsty Americans fanatically waving their American flags as they rejoice that a human being has been KILLED. I feel the U.S. acted unethically in killing Osama Bin Laden and this action lowered the U.S. closer to the level of the terrorists the U.S. hopes to vanquish, since it shows that the U.S., like terrorists, uses killing in a vain attempt to obtain its goals.
If one has to look for who really act unethical and look for who is consumed with bloodlust one has to look no further than the man himself, Osama Bin Laden. There were reasons they were looking for him and reasons they took him out - 2,977 reasons. (I can't see it as justice, because nothing can turn back the injustices that took place during 9/11.) It was Osama Bin Laden who acted unethically, he wanted to mount a major spectacular event, and wanted to strike fear in people. He planned a terrorist attack had it carried through al-Qaeda who executed his plans in the terror attacks on innocent victims of 9/11. He claimed responsibility for the attacks. His own actions put him on the Most Wanted Terrorists list. He is to blame for his own death. I see it more as something he brought on himself.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote