Music Banter - View Single Post - Trying to find local/underground bands in Eastern Europe. Having a hell of a time...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
DavidJNichols
Account Disabled

Default Trying to find local/underground bands in Eastern Europe. Having a hell of a time...

I'm going to Eastern Europe in June and July, and I would love to check out some local indie rock bands while I'm there. The only problem - I can't seem to find any.

I'm going to Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, and Croatia. I have only stumbled upon a few bands from these countries and they are horrible 90's grunge bands. I need help! Do you know of any good indie rock bands from these countries? Maybe a forum similar to this one based out of one of these countries? Even a small club that hosts local bands would help. That way I could check their calendar and Google the bands that are playing.

I am into 60s and 70s rock and roll (Beatles, Beach Boys, Paul Simon, Supertramp, Randy Newman, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, etc) and well as good modern stuff (Bright Eyes, Explosions in the Sky, Cursive, David Bazan, Sufjan Stevens, etc.).

I don't really care what type of music it is as long as it's good! Please help!
DavidJNichols is offline   Reply With Quote