Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands You Inexplicably Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Yeah but I feel like these same complaints can be levied against a whole bunch of other classic rock bands that I don't hate.

Whaaaaaaat?
I believe it is referencing the 1975 relationship between Steven and Julia Holcomb, the 14 year old groupie he was with for 3 years (he was 27 when they met). Though that is not pedophilia, that would be Hebephilia. Pedophilia is a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. The term Pedophile has become used to describe any relation with a partner who is under the age of consent, but only applies to those who are attacted to pre-pubecents.

But anyways. getting off topic.

I will add Led Zeppelin to my list actually. Do not get the appeal to them, and also can't stand how much they ripped off folk artists and wouldnt even give them credit. Tons of info out there on that though, won't get into that one.

One other.. Bob Marley. I do not hate him I guess, but think he is really overrated. The guy in my mind just rewrote the same album over and over and over and over. Much like say AC/DC did in hard rock.

AC/DC is another one I can't be bothered with anymore. Heard one album, you have heard them all. I guess that is somewhat of their success, they are like the old blanket you can always go back to cause you know it is always there for you and will never change.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote