Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #471 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMan View Post
im looking for more metal like:

Parkway drive
feed her to the sharks
august burns red
as i lay dying
i killed the prom queen
corpus Christi
north lane
Texas in july
some white chapel

im not really looking for anything much heavier than T.I.J. i like really technical double bass and i hate pig squeals. (hopefully this is the right thread to ask this in, if not kick me out pls)

edit: and i know most of the more mainstream metal bands so i guess im looking for bands that are somewhat new/unknown.
I'm sure you have heard of them but All That Remains fits right in to this list. If you like as I Lay Dying you would probably also like Between the Buried and Me. As for technical double bass I would recommend the album Antares by Sybreed. Sybreed is not well known, but their second album (Antares) is excellent. I would start there as their other two albums are much weaker. The band isn't metalcore, it's industrial metal, but it is very progressive sounding and authentically futuristic. The double bass is very technical and the band uses odd time signatures. The drummer from Soilwork was the session drummer for this album, which is probably why it is much better than the band's other two releases. I would start with the songs "Dynamic", "Ego Bybass Generator", and "Isolate". You may also like Winds of Plague, which is one of the few deathcore bands I enjoy. There aren't any pig squeals (at least not that I've heard) in their music. I would start with their song "The Impaler". Their newest album is not a bad release either. One other band I could recommend is The Chariot. It is a metalcore band that I don't particularly like but you might.

Last edited by LOLPOCALYPSE; 05-04-2011 at 06:21 AM.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote