Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #948 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
I think they deserve more than a little credit. The Penguins were a tough out even without Crosby and Malkin. Now they are on the verge of sweeping the Caps- one of the best teams in the NHL since making a strategic change to focus on defense.

Roloson has been making the big saves, but they are hardly only relying on their netminder- of the remaining teams in the playoffs they are the second highest scoring behind Detroit this postseason. On top of that they have been the stingiest of any of the 16 participants up to this point.

Write them off, but if Boston goes into the series with the same mentality you have about Tampa the Bruins would get blown out of the water.
I'm sure they wouldn't. I don't know how any team would after what happened last year. If they go into the series with that mentality, I would feel very confident in them winning.

With the parity in the league, sure, anything could happen, but when I was looking over all the playoff teams before they started I was thinking there isn't one team that I think the Bruins match up better against than the Lightning. That hasn't changed since the playoffs started.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote