Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Like or Dislike Women in Bands/as Singers
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I think this actually has more to do with me being a guy. If I want to listen to something sad it's usually because I just want something to relate to when I'm in a bad mood. As a guy, I can relate more to guys.

If I just went through a breakup I wouldn't want to listen to some girl telling me how bad it is. I want a guy whose been through that stuff. The only exception I've found so far is Camera Obscura's album My Maudlin Career. I think it would be hard for anyone to not relate to that.
Ahh yes, good point! I thought of that a little bit after I posted it. Like I wonder if there's guys, who after a break up, would listen to something like Teardrops on My Guitar. I'd probably listen to some Hanging Garden, but I doubt many other people would. I just don't know why! I guess it's just that if I want sad, I want sad.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote