Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #391 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
White House counterterrorism advisor John O. Brennan stated after the raid that "If we had the opportunity to take bin Laden alive, if he didn't present any threat, the individuals involved were able and prepared to do that." However, another US national security official, who was not named, told Reuters that "'This was a kill operation,' making clear there was no desire to try to capture bin Laden alive in Pakistan." Another source referencing a kill (rather than capture order) states, "Officials described the reaction of the special operators when they were told a number of weeks ago that they had been chosen to train for the mission. 'They were told, "We think we found Osama bin Laden, and your job is to kill him,"' an official recalled. The SEALs started to cheer."

Thoughts? Most evidence seems to be suggesting that there was no real intention to ever capture him alive.
I definitely think they were trying to kill him and I am very happy with that. Like I said earlier, this isn't a random street criminal who you cuff and throw him in the back of the squad car and then call it a day. The guy is extremely dangerous and it was too risky to try to take him alive.

Also I wanna say that I agree with President Obama's decision to not release the picture of Bin Laden dead. It wouldn't solve anything in my opinion. The skeptics would dismiss the picture as doctored or photoshopped and it would just piss other people off. For those who don't believe Bin Laden is dead, they are morons.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote