Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #397 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
This is a serious question: Is there something that makes them attack less?
Al-Qaeda? It depends.

• If you mean "something that makes them attack less", the answer is yes. But there are many factors to bear in mind. Al-Qaeda makes "strategic calculations" too, according to the circumstances of the moment and its means.
  • If you mean "something that makes them WISH to attack less", the answer is NO. In a fanatic's mind, dark intentions remain. Example: Buenos Aires (Argentina), July 18, 1994: 85 people killed and hundreds injured. Why? Don't expect to find any "logic" into Hezbollah. Keep in mind that integrists use bizarre concepts such as "apostate countries" and things like that. So, for instance, due to a sort of "519-years-old collective apostasy", I could be a potential victim of an Al-Qaeda's attack too. Why? Because, according to Al-Zawahiri (Bin Laden's replacement), I (and millions of my fellow citizens) would be a "legitimate target" in the "path of God".

BTW, Al-Qaeda's new leader has almost a hole in his forehead. And I wonder: wouldn't it be a good idea to finish the job as soon as possible? I mean, it seems to be an easy and subtle task (it's just half an inch or so towards the frontal lobe), and nobody would notice. It would look like an accident! Why not?