Music Banter - View Single Post - What are the best 10 song of yours nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

a crappy list off the top of my head

Brand New - Luca. A song about revenge... the intense explosion of noise at 3:53 consistently gave me chills for a long period of time
Steely Dan - Only a Fool Would Say That. A song about utopia... and how only idiots believe utopia can be achieved. While the song is pretty explicitly political, I interpret it metaphorically, in that no one's life is a utopia. ***en and Becker's derisive wit is oddly comforting.
Louis Armstrong - La Vie en Rose. Reminds me of bygone days, especially of 2008... when Wall-E came out and I was in the last stretches of a happy relationship
Refused - The Deadly Rhythm. Because this song fucking rocks
Storm and Stress - The Sky's the Ground, The Bombs are Plants, and We're the Sun, Love. A song that slowly taught me to appreciate seemingly atonal drivel. There's a melody to everything if you open your ears wide enough
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. DAT BASS (@3:04)
Yes - And You And I.
Kyuss - Odyssey/Conan Troutman/N.O./Whitewater. I guess this album is what marked the beginning of my musical tangent into the depths of stoner and sludge metal. So effin murky
Swans - You ****ing People Make Me Sick. The title is so damn relevant to my life, you don't even know
The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun. Because everybody occasionally needs a song that appeals to the eternal optimist within us all
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote