Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #421 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

That's great that you can "see right through" something that isn't there, Dirty. Maybe you can see right through the monsters under your bed before you can go to sleep, cause you know, they're out to get you as well!

There's no point in even trying to argue with you. You refuse to accept that anything but your own view could possibly be the case. You have absolutely no concrete proof that Bin Laden was even in Pakistan for that long: there are reports of him having been in Afghanistan not that long ago, from what I recall of reading numerous articles on the subject, let alone the fact that seeing as he was a man with a serious amount of medical problems that if he had been in Abottabad for any substantial length of time he would have shown up on some sort of medical record. The fact is that the only people claiming he's been in Pakistan even for months, let alone years, are the US Government.

I'm happy for you that you have that much faith in your government, but there has also been an announcement stating that the op took 40 minutes, when there is twittered information about choppers being above the city for two hours, and a number of other accounts which don't seem to be adding up. I don't know who's not telling the whole truth, but I refuse to claim that any one thing is true until the facts do add up.

I do however, refuse to believe that an entire government would be ok with hiding him. It's not like he killed only Americans, by any stretch of the imagination, and if he had been there for long, someone in the local vicinity would have figured it out, and I don't think anyone who wasn't an avid follower of his would want to be within 50 miles of even rumoured whereabouts of OBL. Unless you want to claim that everyone who would have come into contact with him or the vicinity around his compound were his avid supporters? Cause that's a lot of people. Might as well just declare the city, hell, the country, if the government was involved, fundamentalist america-haters. Because Osama Bin Laden did not have that much money, he doesn't have multi-billion handouts to give to countries to keep him hidden, especially if he was planning more attacks. He would have to be worth a lot more than the bailouts Pakistan get from America and other countries to even consider hiding him for such a logical reason as money.

You know, having written that, I'm really not bothered. You believe what you want to believe. It's not going to make the slightest bit of difference either way.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote