Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #614 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
For Jackhammer:

Deströyer 666—To the Devil His Due

Metal with a definite old-school vibe that I think you'll dig. This album is just an odds and ends collection of limited release 7 inches and things along those lines but in my humble opinion is actually better than the one studio album I have by these guys. Enjoy!
I couldn't really get on with this. It certainly wasn't awful but the old school vibe was just that - heard it all before and the low grade production actually got on my nerves a little. Oddly enough (apart from a few albums) I always find most Metal albums (apart from some Black albums) have half decent production, so whether it was intentional to be lo fi or not it spoilt the enjoyment of the album for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
For Jackhammer and Pedestrian:

A pretty straightforward blues rock album. Id say it sounds pretty similar to the black keys. Hopefully neither of you have heard it. Im pretty sure Jackhammer will like it, so hopefully Pedmaster does as well.

ps: Was having trouble with link, so if one I sent doesnt work let me know.
PM'd you regarding this one already being in my collection. Cheers anyway!

For Janszoon:

You mentioned that you would like to hear more from my recent journal post regarding Underworld, so here is where they really started. Ambient dance/techno music is about the right way to describe them.

For Dankstra:

Spoken word mid 90's Electronica with a subversive edge that has dated really well. Quite hypnotic.

For Vanilla:

Not sure if you have heard this U.K Drum N Bass album. It does however veer off in other directions- jungle, ambient, dubstep etc and might be a great intro to other electronic genres from over here.

I am looking for more to post their tastes and what they are looking for as I don't get on MB as much as I used to and would really like to throw some more albums out there.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote