Music Banter - View Single Post - Going dutch ;)
Thread: Going dutch ;)
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #60 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

s_k, sweetie, people are always going to judge you on the internet or your life outside it. But it's how YOU see yourself is what is important, not what others think. Only YOU allow yourself to be bothered by opinions or comments people make so it's about becoming stronger inside and realising you are just as important as anyone else, disability or not.

I feel very strongly towards people with disabilities and I have worked with many of them. I am currently looking for a career path where I can stand up for those who can't speak for themselves and make sure they have all the opportunities and success in life that everyone is allowed to have. You shouldn't be treated any different from anyone else because you have a disability. As far as work goes a lot of employers/employees don't have the money or time to worry about accommodating staff with extra needs/different mental capabilities particularly in rough economic times like these. BUT it will happen, there is always going to be something for you to work for but it's up to you to find it and figure it out.

I personally would like you to stay, but if you time out I understand.