Music Banter - View Single Post - What does singing out of tune exactly means ? I can't understand. Please help.
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kaimon
Talking Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Here's an experiment. This is a song that I don't believe either of you have heard. Please humour me, and tell me (content asides), if this sounds correct to you.

I would have picked a better example, but this is the first I thought of and I don't want to trawl through bad youtube covers all night.
I think I was thinking more on the lines of just someone who was singing by themselves randomly. Which is stupid, because that generally wouldn't happen anyways.

But I'm comparing his singing from what I hear coming from the other singers and the piano, who are all in tune with each, but not with him, so I can assume he is the one out of tune. If he was singing by himself though I never heard the song, I would never be sure if what he was singing was in or out of tune, simply because there's nothing to compare to.

But yeah, you're probably going to have an instrument or voice backing you up, so that kinda makes my reasoning kinda pointless in that aspect.
Kaimon is offline   Reply With Quote