Music Banter - View Single Post - Classical Music used for Dancing
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I love On the Beautiful Blue Danube (An Der Schöen Blauen Donau) by Johann Strauss II....
Thank you for all those additions to the thread, Burning Down!

I didn't know Léo Delibes' Suite from Sylvia: Pizzicato was used in the movie Babe, when Babe was fooling around with the paint cans and the yarn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I got a Finlandic production - probably not on youtube, it's probably Act 2 Scene 1 - as the Prince wanders out and finds the Swan Princess, with Mephisto lurking in the backgrund
I couldn't find the Finlandic production, but here's another professional production (Ballet of the Kirov Theatre St. Petersburg) of Swan Lake, Act 2 Scene 1, that I'm watching now to see what it is like since you recommend it. Beautiful music.

My only complaint with the choreography is that there is an awful lot of arm/wing flapping! I know they're swans and all, but still...when you've seen 10 flaps, 1000 gets a little tiring.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-07-2011 at 07:06 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote