Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds Like Bin Laden's Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #425 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Why, exactly, was the woman who was killed in the crossfire innocent, Big3? Because people should be considered innocent until proven guilty. Even being proven guilty in a court of law doesn't ensure a person is *truly* guilty of some crime...but it is better than killing her first and asking questions later.
As I've said before, she lived in a mansion with one of the worlds most notorious killers. If you can't see how I'm coming at this, I don't know what I can do for you. The idea that she charged the SEAL team coming in makes me think she wasn't a captive.

I'd like you to tell me why we shouldn't suspect that she's guilty of being an accomplice.

Quote:
I agree with what you say in bold.

Did the U.S. value fair play, however, in its handling of Osama? Should fair play involve a court system even when a person is accused of a heinous crime and may continue to use his life to kill others while he is free?

In my opinion, fair play should involve a court system process and a fair trial, and the U.S. did *not* value fair play while attacking and killing Osama bin Laden.

If you were to kill me over our disagreement, Big3, I would *still* want you to live and get a fair trial and be found guilty, if you were. Killing you without a trial would not create more balance but just add to incivility. Killing you *after* the trial would also add to incivility. My hope would be that you would spend a long, long life in prison where you might eventually realize what a wonderful person you had snuffed out!
How the **** would you have put him in the court system?

Quote:
Agreed, Paloma.
So I can go live in a house with a mass murder and no one should think I know a damn thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
In a certain way, I empathize with you. Ideed, as Jean-François Rebel says, there is an "anti-American obsession" nowadays. But that kind of hostile propaganda is not new. Historically speaking, the World's predominant power has always been demonized and, its defects, exaggerated. For instance, when discussing about a historical issue with someone, many times I face Hispanophobic clichés and gross exaggerations. That's what many Historians call "the Black Legend". The anti-American obsession is somehow the modern equivalent of our black legend. As Historian William S. Maltby said in 1969:
I'd guess that some of the sentiments are born from hating any nation perceived as being the worlds super power. Still, the ranting from some of these posters, who I think should know better having spoken to a few of us here. Let alone the fact that Americans are fighting, on these boards, about this issue.