Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #203 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
My reasoning is that alot of times, MB is the only method of communication between users, as not everyone knows each others' E-Mail addresses, IM's, etc. So if someone is banned for any period of time, they will be unable to give their friends on MB a heads up regarding their absence.

And if someone feels the need to validate themself by gaining some notoriety or attention from a banning on an internet, then I say give it them in this thread. I'd rather see it all in one post than scattered amongst a hundred mindless "Why did so-and-so get banned?!?!" threads.

There should be a way to differentiate between active and inactive member as well. Possibly putting some sort of label on a user's acount after 30 days of inactivity.
That's basically exactly what I suggested at the beginning of the thread and apparently nobody agrees. Like holy hell, this is the only way I communicate with everyone on here. Just tell me why they were banned and for how long. I'm just gonna pry until I get an answer anyways, I personally don't see the issue with posting it in their signature or even in their custom user title if that's possible. "Dirty: Banned for being a jackass for 3 days." Sounds to me like the privacy thing is way overblown, like telling the rest of the forum why a member is banned would be some sort of major violation of human rights

At the end of the day, I'm gonna find out anyways but it'd be simpler to just make it known from the beginning to save the 2 millions questions of "why was so and so banned!?!?!" But if the mods would rather have all those questions, that's of course up to them. This thread will most likely serve as a venue for people to ask why and for how long someone is banned, so I'm pretty happy with that.

My attitude won't come across well through text so I'll just say that it's not a huge deal to me, it just seems it'd be way easier to let everyone know when a regular gets a ban.