Music Banter - View Single Post - Alcoholism
Thread: Alcoholism
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Alcoholism has sort of run rampant in my mother's family. Her father, most of his siblings, and all of her grandparents, were all alcoholics at some point in their lives. She also has a younger brother, who was adopted and already had issues with that, who is an alcoholic and majorly ****ed up his life because of it. Her older brother also used to drink heavily. My mom doesn't drink.

In my father's family alcohol is not as much of a problem as illicit drug addiction is. But that's a whole other story right there.

As for me, I drink socially, like when out with friends or at gatherings and parties and whatnot, much to my mother's dismay. I rarely, if ever, drink alone or at home, after once getting drunk enough to pass out in front of my mom. I think it reminded her of some horrible memories.

My uncle (not the adopted one) eventually went to AA and got all the help he needed to stop drinking, but he still had to deal with all the social barriers that he put up when he was drinking, like apologizing to all the people he had hurt and whatever. I like to think that it gets better after getting help.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote