Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #623 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I will take one from you.

Send me anything pretty much and I will get back to you with a mini-review.

Oh actually, since my knowledge of punk is pretty limited maybe you can send something in that vein. it counts as a genre I don't listen to as often.

Or maybe an album that is considered Avant Garde another genre I have overlooked.
Just checking your last fm and I am thinking that a Punk or Avant Garde album album sent straight may not be the ideal way to ingratiate your way into those genres. Sometimes it's good to 'feel' your way into genres instead of being put off immediately!

So instead I am going to send you this:

This duo are D.J's who also make their own music but it is as D.J's that they are revered. They own a huge old house in Washington (I think) where they have chilled out nights belting out music from every corner of the earth. This comp takes you from the Bossa Nova of South America to the deep Dub of Jamaica through the beats of the middle east and the funky house of contemporary clubs in the U.K and U.S. All the while sounding completely effortless and cohesive.

This album has remained one of my personal faves for over ten years and doesn't sound dated in the slightest. Hope you like at least some of it

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote