Music Banter - View Single Post - When you have a lot of new music, how do you approach it?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how you guys dealt with alot of new music when you get around 5-10 new cds. Do you listen to them all once and then go from there or do you tackle one album at a time listening to that one album maybe 5-10 times before moving on to the next one? What do you find is the easiest and most enjoyable way to listen to new music?
I usual pick a couple to focus on then set the others aside for later. That makes it feel like I'm getting new stuff when I finally move on to the ones I've set aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Also, how much do you guys think music is worth per hour? When I buy a 5 dollar cd that is one hour long, ideally I want to listen to that album at least 10 times, so for me, music is generally worth 50 cents for an hour. I guess I'm a little obsessive with getting my moneys worth.
I'm sure this sounds cheesy to some people but I really don't think you can put a monetary value on art.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote