Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 25 Hip-Hop Albums of billyjerome
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjerome View Post
1. Electric Circus - Common

First thing is first, LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM WITH HEADPHONES FOR THE FULL EFFECT. Now that we got that out of the way, why, might you ask is this my favorite hip-hop album? The entire recording has a great vibe to it. It may not be Common's catchiest album but as a collective it works so well. The production work is fantastic. I really dig the psychedelic aura. I don't know, honestly. Whilst cruising around getting high one day, I saw the album cover on my iPod and thought, 'Hey! It's the black Sgt. Pepper! Let's check it out!' History was made that day. As Common says, 'I Am Music.' Enjoy peoples.
I listened to this while doing laundry yesterday on my Zune. The first few tracks didn't it was hard for me to get into. I didn't like the beat on them so I had to channel it out and try to focus on his lyrics. He excels in that area as usual. I believe it was from the fourth track down that the album starts to get interesting production wise. I had to keep thinking if this album came out before Outkast's Aquemini or vice versa. I heard Aquemini before listening to this and I much prefer their album as oppose to this one for the same psychedelic feel that it has.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote