Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #8295 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I was a part of the mod team a couple of years ago (As was big3) that decided that any usage of it was infraction worthy, not just that word but all racial slurs.

We didn't reach this decision because of our personal viewpoints, we overlooked those and decided what would be best for the forum. None of us wanted to be enforcing the rules in a forum where racial slurs were the norm & tolerated regardless of their intention. We liked to think that the forum was above that and send that message to any new users that joined up.

I don't know what the current mods position on this is but I'd like to think it hadn't changed.
Yes, I figured that. And it makes sense. I only read a tiny fraction of the shit that is said on MB but I'm sure that a zero tolerance policy on racist terms (and it's just an infraction anyway) is really the best and only way to deal with that situation here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
That's a fine premise on its face. But we're dealing with real applications of it. Does anyone here need that word?

If you're using the word to talk about its cultural effects, like in that book, I think its logical. Who's discussing that here?
You're right. Even if there was some kind of intelligent discussion of the word here on MB - I'm sure we can all predict how that would turn out. I think your previous post was so full of vitriol that it seemed like a knee-jerk reaction to me and my knee jerked back.

Anyway, back to bitching: The most dull and irritating topic of discussion on MB is that of MB itself (which now I'm guilty of engaging).