Music Banter - View Single Post - The Future of Humankind's Marriage to the Internet
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The one beauty of the internet is that you can CHOOSE what you read, see or listen to. Sure there are huge companies on the net that shove products down your throat but unlike TV for example where you generally are spoonfed news, music etc you can search at your own discretion and listen to the person on the street and their views about every subject under the sun.

The internet has also had an amazing impact on drawing people together who don't have many social skills or choose not to employ their views on a one to one level and are more comfortable talking to 'strangers' without fear of ridicule or shyness. the amount of dating sites out there that have drawn people together is something to be applauded most of the time.
Not saying this is wrong. But go back to my original post and watch the last two videos if you have the time and/or whim. They are basically the alternatives or rebuttals to what's you've written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
um yeah...I can't watch the first video
Sorry about that. Can't be helped, but here's the summary.

It's just a CBC news clip taken from back in the late 80s/early 90s that talks about the beginning of the internet. It's basically a good example of the most basic view of what the internet is and what it gives us.

It's kind of funny because at this point in time it was referred to in the clip as "internet" instead of "the internet"... maybe you had to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
lol. It's disappointing. And all thanks to these guys: Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, who basically say that there's "not enough Canadian content" or whatever. They just barely passed satellite radio when it came out too. Yikes.
Yes, isn't this same organization is responsible for the way all Canadian radio stations are required to play a certain ratio of Canadian music? I actually like that, but I don't see how limiting Canadians to Canadian content is in anyway true to the principles of good media.

Last edited by Mr November; 05-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote