Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #938 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
I don't feel bad in the slightest about the ejections. the NBA is too soft nowadays. you are supposed to care about being down 30 in an elimination game. three players for the lakers cared today: Kobe, Bynum and Odom. they were the only consistent players throughout the playoffs too.
Handing out cheapshots doesn't equal caring. I loved seeing the Lakers towards the end, it was like seeing the rich spoiled kid being told he couldn't have his way. You could just see the frustration mounting as they couldn't guard anyone. After the Odom ejection, I figured Artest would do something stupid (again), but instead it was Bynum. Biggest guy on the court cheap shotting the smallest guy on the floor. He coulda just fouled him hard but he went to hurt him. What a punk move, I see Bynum still hasn't matured at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
congrats Mavs...Maybe they will go on to win their first title ever.

I didnt even watch the game I already knew what the outcome was going to be. Yes Kobe has the same problem Derrick Rose has in Chicago. However you cant win them all and give the Mavs their credit they swept the defending champs. Im just lost as to who I want to root for to win it all now...I like Rose ok I guess but I really dont care other than the Heat losing. I dont get into basketball as much as football so whoever does win congrats to ya. Unless its the Heat and if it does happen to be them....well maybe next year Kobe will call up Rose and Dwight Howard and come looking for revenge and another ring.
What problem would that be???

Agreed Thom. Kobe is one of the all-time greats but the media just absolutely adores him. Game 3 Kobe didn't even look for his shot down the stretch and game 4 was just a pure blowout from the beginning and Kobe made no attempt at a run in the 2nd half. I can't believe how bad the Lakers played this series and how amazing Dallas played. It looked like the Mavs were the defending champs out there. Heat are definite favorites in my opinion, I don't see Boston beating them now with Rondo's injury. I'd love to see Thunder VS Heat.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote