Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Like or Dislike Women in Bands/as Singers
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #103 (permalink)
holly984
Music Addict

I appreciate male and female singers. I've never even consciously considered the sex of a singer when choosing music. However, surveying my recently played music (and taking into account the singers/bands I listen to on a regular basis) the majority are in fact male.

I was curious, so I took a look at a few of my most recent playlists. Out of 80 songs I had on the first one : 58 were male, 20 were female, 2 were mixed. Out of 36 songs I had on the second one: 32 were male, 4 were female.

I also feel like the style of music I'm listening to has an impact on whether I gravitate toward male or female singers. For example, when it comes to say... indie/alternative, country, and hip-hop/rap, I tend to find myself primarily listening to male singers. Whereas when it comes to pop, I listen to female singers with much more frequency than male singers.

Bottom line though, my musical life certainly wouldn't be complete without female singers.
holly984 is offline   Reply With Quote