Music Banter - View Single Post - Iraq war - yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Check this out: The UN inspectors were supposed to be doing inspections for years. They had been kicked out of the country, blocked from certain areas, and Hussein pretty much had his way with them.

What other reason would Hussein have to stop the inspectors from going in certain areas? He forgot to pick up the room and was embarressed by it's uncleanliness? Please. .
that fact aside it was up to the UN to give clearance for the war which it did not do, why did the US take it upon itself to resolve the matter when so many countries were against the war? why do you think half the world hates the US? because of Honduras, Chile, Vietnam, Iraq and countless other "incidents"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
On the UN being dismanteled, I'm iffy about. NATO defenitely needs to go though.
i'm of the opposite thinking, i think the UN needs to be dismanteled and NATO to grow stronger, it seems to be the only organisation that can really guarantee peace and take serious action ( like against Serbia when they refused to stop slaughtering Albanians in Kosovo, i just wish they did that in Croatia and Bosnia....but the decision making needs to change )

Last.fm